Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beijing in a Day

Well, it felt like we have seen and walked the entire city of Beijing in a day. Today we did some of the typical tourist spots of Beijing.  We went to Tiannenmen Square, The Forbidden City,  A Pearl Factory, the Summer Palace and the Bird's Nest.  Beijing is an old city with a deep history and beautiful architecture. Our guides, Maggie and Rosa, (who are just so sweet) are systematically trying to put us into physical exhaustion to reset our time clocks. It's working!  8 p.m. (that would be 6 a.m. Texas time:) and I am ready to head to bed. 

*Pictures to come later. No cord packed to download  to computer but I promise it will be resolved before Jaden gets here!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Beth! I was wondering when you were going to post! I'm so glad you all made it safely. Ack! about not packing the camera cord - I'm putting that on my list right now!! How is Ali weathering the time change? We are continuing our prayers for you, your family, and Jaden. Can't WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted. I had to check this before doing anything else this morning and am amazed what all you have already done, as I am just getting started for the day. Is there a time for sleep? I hope Ms. Ali is holding up well. Ok, my computer cord says "made in China" so I'm pretty certain you can probably purchase there! I have no doubt you will have plenty of pictures soon. We can't wait to see them! Oh, how I wish we were there with you. We're praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound and survived your whirlwind day in Beijing! Hope you are all doing well.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly, and can't wait to see Jaden in your arms!!
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that brings back some surreal and exhausting memories! Yes, I wish I was there too. Sounds like you are all doing well! One step closer to Beautiful Jaden! Praying for all of you and sending BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see pictures of your darling girl in your arms! You do have wonderful guides! I love Rosa and Maggie. They were just great.

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Beth!
    Maggie and Rosa were our guides with Mia, they are wonderful!

    SOOO excited to see your baby in your arms soon!

    love,
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best guides!!!
    We got to say hi to them last month while we were there, they were our guides with our first.
    Have a great time and can't wait can't wait to see that precious baby with you soon.
    Love and blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete